on Fridays, 6 PM. Admission free, retiring collect, duration approx 45 minutes
8. July: Uwe Murek (Sopransaxophon), Benjamin Jäger (Organ)
15. July: „From the Movies“ (Benjamin Jäger, Organ)
22. July: Olga Zernaieva (Flute), Benjamin Jäger (Organ)
29. July: „Orgel pur“ KMD Karl-Bernhardin Kropf (Organ)
5. August: „Souvenirs de Paris“ – Organ music by César Franck a. o. (KMD Karl-Bernhardin Kropf)
12. August: Ensemble „Trecantus“; Jana Karin Adam (Mezzosopran), Franns von Promnitz (Organetto)
9. August: „Irdische und paradiesische Klänge“ – Sounds from Heaven and Earth – Ensemble „Due sopra il Basso“ (Johannes Wieners, Countertenor; Jonathan Boudevin, Bariton; Alma Stolte, Viola; Max Hattwich, Theorbo, Baroque guitar)
26. August: Sounds of Hildegard of Bingen (Jana-Christin Walter, Soprano, Karl-Bernhardin Kropf, Instruments/Sounds)
2. September: Vocal Quintet (Dir. Benjamin Jäger)
9. September: „Lux aeterna“ – Christian Packmohr (Trumpet), KMD Christiane Werbs (Organ), with slide show
16. September: „Quartetto Bernardini“
(This is a description of the pre-Covid-situation)
Church music is an important part of the life of our parish. St. Mary’s church is a challenge for both worship and musical events.
The “Marienkantorei”, the music ministry of the church, currently comprises about 170 participants in eight groups with members of all ages. It is directed by Karl-Bernhardin Kropf. The music schedule (concerts, liturgical contributions) can be opened here>.
The Great Organ of St. Mary’s houses 5,700 pipes of 83 stops within a baroque case, playable on four manuals and pedals (Download the specification as PDF>). The organ can be visited within the Noon Prayers.
More about the organ, organ visits and the instrument’s planned restoration is found here>